Assist the Personal Lines Account Manager as a team with an emphasis on executing, processing and verifying service requests including renewal remarkets, or any other service needed to provide complete account management.
- Assist the personal lines account manager with the overall handling & processing of renewing personal lines business.
- Remarketing existing accounts including rating, applications and proposals.
- Sending renewal summaries and questionnaires in accordance with the renewal workflow.
- Daily pull carrier website alerts and cancellations.
- Receive phone calls from clients and companies with issues related to your role.
- Input information into the agency management system (customer applications, etc.).
- Monitor renewal process for accounts not being marketed by verifying all policies listed on the expiration list have been renewed, rewritten, etc.
- Handle routine correspondence between carriers, agency, and insured.
- Follow-up on photo requests and requests for additional information.
- Check new and renewal policies and endorsements for accuracy in rating, typing, coverage, and signatures. Advise new business team/account manager of any inaccuracies. Ensure that items are delivered to the client in the appropriate fashion. Advise the account manager if premium variance warrants further discussion.
- Generate billing invoices for all premium bearing transactions on agency billed accounts.
- Maintain underwriting and marketing information by carrier.
- Handle carrier interfacing – including communication logs and downloads.
- Help track the referral sources of the new business and set up the appropriate referral coding where required.
- Maintain all client activity in the agency management system and using it as the primary vehicle to follow up on outstanding issues, correspondence, reports, overdue items, etc.
- Maintain electronic communication, attaching to agency management system as necessary.
- Perform special projects at Management’s request.
- Filing in as needed/assigned.
- P&C Insurance license.
- Attention to detail.
- Workflow efficiency.
- Superior communication, listening, consultation, organizational, multi-tasking, prioritization, problem solving and customer service skills.
- Ability to manage projects and hit deadlines.
- Proficient with PCs – (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Maintain positive, professional working relationship with management, peers, other departments and external clients (i.e. customers, carriers and their employees, vendors, banks, referral sources, etc.)
- Must demonstrate professional and ethical business practices, adherence to company standards, and a commitment to personal and professional development.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.