Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
The Commercial Risk Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations between insurance company and clients. This individual will work in collaboration with the Producers to facilitate seamless transition of new accounts to the Account Managers and will ensure the retention of the existing clients by providing exceptional customer service.
With certain large clients, the manager will be responsible for all aspects of successfully maintaining and managing the accounts either directly or through support personnel. Typical accounts assigned to the manager would be larger, more complex and/or significant accounts from a revenue or relationship standpoint for the agency.
The manager should have experience in all areas of commercial insurance policies, including but not limited to P&C, Workers’ Comp, Auto, E&O, and D&O/EPLI. The manager will work closely with Producers to structure thoughtful risk management programs for our sophisticated commercial clients, and work with the carriers to set and monitor compensation agreements.
In addition to the above responsibilities the manager will also be responsible for the day-to-day scheduling, training and management of all commercial lines staff by promoting teamwork, establishing clear direction and expectations. The manager will assess processes, identifying areas for improvement and implementing innovate and effective actions to increase effectiveness and efficiency in delivering services to clients.
General Client Management
- Build and maintain constructive and effective relationships with clients by meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Provide consistent, accurate, timely, and pertinent communication to clients through “constant touch”, phone calls, e-mails, newsletters, etc.
- Respond to client inquiries/issues within the established timelines.
- Manage day-to-day issues for client e.g. Cert requests, change endorsements.
- Resolve/assist with any service or claims issues/questions.
- Assist in design of or independently design insurance plans for clients.
- Assist clients in making appropriate coverage changes; determines if immediate of delayed invoicing should be used; makes each contact a marketing opportunity.
- Conduct face to face meetings with the clients as necessary.
- Inform clients on developments/trends/legislation in relation to their risk management program.
- Inform and educate clients about coverage, exclusions and exposures; document electronic files accordingly.
- Respond to clients’ needs by producing binders, certificates, policies and other related items accurately and on time.
- Monitor and review client satisfaction.
- Maintain up to date record of communication with client.
- Review contracts.
- Legislative updates to clients via mail and email (WC).
- Ability to analyze, negotiate, and prepare carrier renewal.
- As appropriate market, negotiate, prepare, and analyze alternative renewal options.
- Develop written, graphic, and electronic renewal material as appropriate.
- Establish and coordinate with the client a realistic renewal timeline.
- Input required information into Applied as necessary.
Supervise staff in all aspect of job responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Coordinating workloads between account managers and producers.
- Distributing account loads equitable and monitoring progress.
- Ensuring that projects are completed on time and accurately.
- Developing and implementing ongoing training schedule for staff to address any deficiencies.
- Ensuring that department is updated as necessary with regulatory and carrier information.
- Developing and updating all aspects of the department procedures to include but not limited to marketing, maintenance, renewal, service and administration of accounts.
- With input from producers, conducting semi-annual review of all staff.
- As necessary, address all administrative personnel issues such as compensation and disciplinary matters.
- Promoting teamwork to provide high-quality service.
- Ensuring agency productivity through continuous process improvement.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Must be able to direct strategy as well as manage/perform day-to-day transactions and processes.
- 10 or more years of experience in management and Commercial Lines business.
- Must understand marketplace trends and best practices to meet clients’ needs.
- Mastery of commercial insurance underwriting, coverage & rate analysis.
- In depth knowledge of insurance coverages and an ability to communicate this clearly to clients and underwriters.
- Ability to prioritize and self-manage work load for self and staff.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Property and Casualty License.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Applied.
- Prior experience with agency management systems.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to: Aaren Stephens at firstname.lastname@example.org